Monday, April 11, 2011

A Brief Hiatus... Or, an Off-Week

I have writers block.  This week's blog was supposed to be about being one of the guys, but I've been so busy and stretched so thin that I didn't make any time to write this week.  I wanted to write about my experiences of having a lot of guy friends and how I navigate my way through boy-world, but the words just weren't coming to me.  

That isn't the only problem, however.  Ever since I announced that I ended the strike, I don't know what to write about.  It's like breaking up with someone at the beginning of dinner and having to finish an awkward meal with him, or meeting up with an ex while on a date with a new person.  I'm in the awkward space of "well, now what?"

Although I ended the strike and announced it, I did so without any sort of plan.  I knew it was time to end the strike and I knew it was time to announce it, but I didn't think about what would happen afterward.  Funny thing is that nothing has changed since before I ended the strike.  I went on a few dates with a super cool guy but I'm still figuring out what I need and want and, as I said earlier, I'm too busy to even blink much less date. 

I am still adjusting to what ending the strike means, but I also need a week off, and so dear reader, I'm going to end here.  Don't worry, this isn't the beginning of the end - I still have more stories to write, more life to figure out.  I just need this week to stop, breathe, get some rest and re-charge for next week.

Next time: One of the Guys - but for reals this time

No comments:

Post a Comment